As a local small business owner I have the opportunity to interact with new and seasonal residents daily and I strongly wish to represent their concerns and interests and be their resource for local area benefits. Their contribution to the tax base is no less important than a full time or year round resident and I want to encourage them to be more engaged and feel equally a part of the community.
To fully represent all residents, both permanent and seasonal,
I'd like to:
- have a well thought out strategic plan to deal with the imminent development of the area due to the Hwy 407 extension
- encourage residents to embrace development and progress
- promote the Community Improvement Plan
- give more weight to public consultation recommendations on important issues and have any dealings be open, honest and transparent
- work with quarries for solutions, because they're here to stay and we need to compromise
- strike a compromise on fireworks restrictions to help minimize the impact on our environment, domestic animals and wildlife and the enjoyment of local residents, whether this be through by-laws or public education
- encourage pride of home ownership to homeowners and renters to encourage less garbage dumping and littering, better yard maintenance, more respectful noise levels
- promote a sense of family and community by encouraging residents to be more engaged
- encourage people to shop local and have businesses carry local products
- be a resource – my real estate experience has made me a valuable resource
- Truly represent the people!